Storybook Ballet – 3 Year Olds
Storybook Ballet – For 3 Year Olds
Our Storybook Ballet class is designed with the capabilities, imagination and creativity of your 3 year old in mind. We know that 3 year olds are not yet ready for a structured dance class. What Storybook Ballet offers is an introduction into early dance steps and skills using fun and innovative exercises. They learn basic dance movements, such as skipping, galloping and hopping on one foot. Gross motor coordination is improved. The addition of live piano accompaniment enhances their learning experience. We use your 3 year olds imagination, curiosity and uninhibited natures as they learn to express themselves through dance. With two instructors in every class your child will always have the individual attention they need. Comfortable seating and large viewing windows let you watch the class while giving your child the comfort of knowing you’re there. The 10 month program culminates in our annual performances in June at the Winnipeg Centennial Concert Hall. At 3 years old they get their first opportunity to perform on the main stage and under the bright lights and they usually steal the show.
The Shelley Shearer Advantage:
• Professionally accredited and experienced teachers
• Two instructors in every class and limited class sizes ensures individual attention
• Full range of class levels in each discipline and lots of class times to choose from
• All programs have been developed through years of experience and are updated on an ongoing basis
• Teachers receive leading edge training at national and international conventions and classes
• World-class facilities: Studios have sprung dance floors and professional dance flooring to help prevent injuries
• Viewing Gallery with large windows and ample seating
Annual Parent Open House provides added insight into student progress
• Lots of free parking
• Live piano accompaniment in preschool and ballet classes
• June recital for all students aged 3 and up at the Manitoba Centennial Concert Hall
• Award winning choreographers and teachers
• Director’s Invitational programs in all disciplines for more intensive training and other performing and competing opportunities
• Decades of Provincial, National and World Champions
• More Adjudicator’s Choice Awards and Scholarships than any dance school in a single year and in Manitoba Dance Festival history.
• More World Champions than any school in Manitoba.
• In-house assistant and teacher training program in all dance styles and levels
• World famous guest teachers and workshops held at our own studios
• Age specific preschool classes provide appropriate instruction & programming for each level of development
• Live piano accompaniment