For Ages 6 and Older
Dynamic, contemporary and ever-evolving, the Jazz discipline of dance incorporate movements from African dance, Broadway, jive, swing, funk, modern dance and music videos.
From beginner to advanced, young to old, the Shelley Shearer School of Dance offers a wide variety of classes and class times to suit all needs. Through our own Jazz dance syllabus, students are exposed to a wide variety of Jazz dance styles and music.
Developed over 20 years of instruction and collaboration, it continues to evolve every year. Our Jazz program has proven to be a phenomenal success in guiding our students from beginner levels to professional careers. Using current radio hits and new cutting edge choreography, our program helps develop flexibility, core strength and progresses our students through the early stages of technique, turns and jumps.
We understand that Jazz is ever evolving, so we are proud to be able to host guest workshops in our studio with some of the top new choreographers and dancers in the world. Every student’s year culminates in the annual performances in June at the Winnipeg Centennial Concert Hall. We’ll see you on stage!
The Shelley Shearer Advantage:
• Professionally accredited and experienced teachers
• Two instructors in every class and limited class sizes ensures
• Full range of class levels in each discipline and lots of class times to choose from
• All programs have been developed through years of experience and are updated on an ongoing basis
• Teachers receive leading edge training at national and international conventions and classes
• World-class facilities: Studios have sprung dance floors and professional dance flooring to help prevent injuries
• Viewing Gallery with large windows and ample seating
Annual Parent Open House provides added insight into student progress
Lots of free parking
• Live piano accompaniment in preschool and ballet classes
• June recital for all students aged 3 and up at the Manitoba Centennial Concert Hall
• Award winning choreographers and teachers
• Director’s Invitational programs in all disciplines for more intensive training and other performing and competing opportunities
• Decades of Provincial, National and World Champions
• More Adjudicator’s Choice Awards and Scholarships than any dance school in a single year and in Manitoba Dance Festival history
• More World Champions than any school in Manitoba
• In-house assistant and teacher training program in all dance styles and levels
• World famous guest teachers and workshops held at our own studios